How to properly clean your Infrared Display
In this article, we are going to discuss why proper cleaning of your Infrared (IR) digital display is important at the best of times, but with additional concerns over COVID-19, frequent cleaning and sanitizing is a must!
What Are Infrared Touchscreen Displays?
IR touch technology is an ideal choice for touch screen applications that take place outdoors in an exposed environment. IR touchscreens do not overlay the display with an additional screen or screen sandwich and instead use IR emitters and receivers to create an invisible grid of light beams across the screen. When an object interrupts the invisible infrared light beam, the sensors are able to locate the touch point. This type of touchscreen has a glass screen, but there is normally a bezel around the outside that needs to be very carefully handled during use and cleaning.
Tips on how to properly clean your IR touchscreens:
- Use a soft cloth (ideally microfiber) dampened with isopropyl alcohol or a mild non-abrasive soap and water solution, gently wipe the touchscreen clean. You can also use a small amount of hand sanitizer.
- Be careful not to saturate the infrared bezel around the outside frame of the monitor. If solution gets in, it can damage the touchscreen functionality.
- Wipe the screen and edges completely dry with a lint free cloth and avoid using paper towels or Kleenex type tissue paper.
- Make sure the glass and bezel edges dry completely before using the unit.
- Do not use sharp objects to clean around the edges of the touchscreen as this can damage the bezel.
Our amazing, professionally certified support team is just an email or phone call away if you have questions about your hardware, software, content, data integration and more!